Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Homemade Meatball Recipe

I am not a huge fan of frozen meatballs. To me, they taste too dry and processed. For several years, I have been making DIY meatballs. The first time I ever attempted to make something like this, I did not know what I was doing. It made a huge mess, because I didn't cook the meatballs before I put them in a pot of red sauce. Believe me, I have come a long way since that day. Here is how to make homemade meatballs from scratch.

Meatball Recipe




1 Pound of Raw Ground Beef
2 Tablespoons Garlic Powder
1 Tablespoon Oregano
2 Tablespoons Basil
1 4 oz Block of Cream Cheese
1 Cup of Bread Crumbs
Salt and pepper to taste
2 Slightly Beaten Eggs

How to Make Meatballs From Scratch


Place the ground beef, eggs, garlic powder, oregano, basil, cream cheese, bread crumbs, salt and pepper into a large mixing bowl. Using your hands, mix up the beef with the rest of the ingredients until well blended. Pinch off about an 1/8 of a cup of meat, and roll into a ball. Place the balls on a broiler pan or a cookie sheet. Once the entire mixture is turned into meatballs, bake in the oven for 30 minutes at 375 degrees. 

After the meatballs are fully cooked and cooled down enough to remove from the pan, place them in whatever sauce you have prepared for them. These are good to make Swedish meatballs or red sauce and meatballs. 

Please visit me at Love Hope Adventure to see some of my other kitchen creations.  



No comments:

Post a Comment